Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Beauty of Youtube

Youtube may just be one of the best archives online for seeing old video footage of bands back in the 1960s and '70s. I just discovered It's A Beautiful Day performing their classic song, White Bird in 1970. I never got to see this band live back in the day, so to see them now was like a total dream comes true! Of course the filming may not be the best, but you get the point anyway. Some of the comments posted below the videos are interesting and informative too. Like I never knew that Badfinger wrote the song made famous by Harry Neilson, Can't Live. Sadly, these heir apparants to the Beatles were screwed over bigtime by their management, resulting in the suicide deaths of both songwriters! So, now I cry when I see Badfinger performing that song on Youtube. Such is the power of this information hiway online. It's all out there like you've never seen it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment