Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Near Death Experience

I had another near death experience today, but not the kind you are probably thinking of. I thought that my beloved black Manx cat Olive had died, as she wasn't around yesterday, last night or this morning. She is very small, and coyotes and hawks are a part of her world, but unbeknownest to her. So when Olive didn't show up at feeding time this morning- as she always does, due to her voracious appetite- I knew something was amiss. It hit me in the heart, when I felt the deep emotions of just how very much I treasure this particular cat; she's my baby! Just the thought of losing her, triggered other sad memories of losing other pets, family members and loved ones. Then as I felt my heart breaking again, and being on the verge of crying over her, she suddenly appears out of nowhere like a little black shadow. Good God Olive, don't ever scare me again like that!
This is my third near death experience with my cats, as Baba and Maya have both disappeared in the past too, but always returning in their own good cat time. Cats! They are my teachers and my fur kids that have taught me so much about love."Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened". Anatole France        

No comments:

Post a Comment