Saturday, February 26, 2011

The inmate and the mantra

I recently had a very rewarding experience, as an author. After the release of my book "Still Singing, Somehow", which can be viewed at http://www.stillsingingsomehow.com/ , I gave a copy to our local county jail, hoping to reach some inmate with my story of hope and redemption. Well, it happened at the bank the other day, when a recently released inmate recognized me in line. He had actually read my book, liked it and asked me, "How do you pronounce the mantra?" I slowly said "Om Na-ma-ha Shiv-i-ya". This soul got more out of my book than many readers, I feel. He found the hidden bottom line message of my book. Then he requested to become a friend on FaceBook. Cool!

1 comment:

  1. Om Namah Shivaya---This has to be quite gratifying to you, after all the work you have put into this book and sharing it.

    Bhole Baba ki Jai!
    When Babaji is in your heart--the rest is history!
    Blessings, Marge www.babaji.net

    ReplyDelete