Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Live In Heaven

When my eyes are spiritually open, I see that I live in heaven. It took a very long time for this realization to come to me, but it is so true. I DO live in heaven. Gratitude for everything is what opens the door to this vision of heaven.
When I look out my kitchen window, I see two llamas and a donkey in the field across the street that belongs to my neighbor. Off my back porch presently is a very flooded valley from all the snow melt. However, this newly created wetland has drawn much wildlife and many water fowl. I now see ducks, gulls and loudly squawking Canadian geese doing their thing out in my backyard. Cool. Living on a Black Angus farm draws the wild turkeys out of the woods; down to peck at the hay the farmer feeds his cows. I daily see many tom turkeys herding their brood of hens across the street into our farm. Or I see them all fly out of the tall pine trees across the street where they roost at night. Yes, turkeys can fly and it is a sight to see them land! I have red tailed hawks and bald eagles who hang out in our large old cottonwood tree on occasion. I even saw a pair of bald eagles telling their immature offspring to find its own territory, as it’s time to leave the nest. I love where I live and all it brings to my doorstep.
My three cats have it made here, to say the least. To see them so happy in their natural world lifts my spirit and opens my eyes. I’ve been walking my two bobtailed Manx cats Baba and Olive across the field up in the big woods- the Wildwood- for a very long time. They get all excited just like dogs when I mention the W word- walk. As I change into my hiking boots, they prance around the front porch in anticipation of crossing the big field together, into a world of trees to climb and new scents to smell; all left by deer, coyotes, turkeys and geese. Then I walk slowly with them on a voyage of discovery; another discovery that this is heaven, here, in the deep dark woods with my two very aware cats. I’m glad cats go slow and are quiet in the woods. With dogs, it’s a whole different energy as we all know. I so wish people gave more respect to cats. They are incredibly spiritual beings in my book! They help me see the Presence around and within me. And being aware of the Presence is being in heaven, here on earth. That is the goal of each and every one of us. To remember God, now, is our daily task. This takes continuous mind training, the watching of one’s thoughts constantly. Are you judging or are you at peace? When we listen to the voice of the Presence, we will see that we do live in heaven as we are finally home with nowhere to go. It is all here, right now. Om Namaha Shivaya
Singer/songwriter Rob Rideout is the award winning author of Still Singing, Somehow. He lives on a farm overlooking Colville, WA with his three cats Baba, Maya and Olive. He just released a second book of poetry, based on his song lyrics and has a CD of original songs scheduled for release May 2011. These songs of three decades are meant to accompany both books.  Rob’s books can be viewed or purchased @ www.stillsingingsomehow.com He can be contacted there too. Be sure to check out his blog on the home page of his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment