Sunday, May 22, 2011

Olive

It's nearly been a year now since I brought home a small female black Manx kitty that I named Olive.  She was obviosly the runt of the litter nobody wanted. She looked up at me from her cardboard box at the feed store, as if to say, "Here I am for you!" She stared at me like she knew me deeply on some level alraedy. This blew me away. Then when I brought this petite little fur girl home, all hell broke loose when she met the other cats, Baba and Maya. I called the feed store and told them that I might have to return this runt kitty. I was afraid the big cats might kill her, especially Baba. She was so small that I fed her water through a baby bottle. Maybe I should take her back? Then I got down on my knees at her level, and asked her, "Olive, do you want to be a part of this family?" She instantly screamed back a very loud affirmative cat voice answer of "Yes!" It even sounded like "yes". Well, long story short, Olive turned out to be the most incredable of all my cats! She is still my little girl, but has surpassed the other two cats in catching mice by light years. Maybe it's the small cat complex over compensating but this small black runt has stolen my heart. Three cats is way better than two, especially if you're a cat lover like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment