Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Focus Group Feedback to My Song

Recently I exposed my song, I've Got To Let You Go to a focus group on MusicXray.com for feedback. Here are some of the comments that I received:

"This is a little too dragging for me. I understand it's a slow piece, but its too repetitive and plain to keep my attention. I like the vocals but wish the track matched the more mature and somewhat rough timbre of the male voice. Nice recording quality though."
"Reminds me of Sinatra."
"No it doesn't. I find it quite boring."
"This is a slow and sweet song."
"The lyrics are so great! I love it. Although it may be sad, I really want to listen this again-a good product!"
"I really like this song! Its got a great feeling to it! Very nice work :=) It definitely touches in many ways!"
  "This song gets you very emotional. The lyrics have great meanings. It is a very beautiful song."
"It was a likeable song but nothing special about it."
"Reminds me of HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT."
"The song really needs different vocals or better vocals. The lyrics are awesome, but the production needs work. The simple lyrics are great and something not heard enough on radio today. The song needs to be longer - maybe add a bridge and/or instrumental. Some piano would be great."
"The singer's voice reminds me of John Mahoney, the actor that played Dr. Frazier Crane's dad on the TV show Frazier."
Well, there you have it. I personally don't care for the last two comments, but I respect their constuctive criticism just the same. You have to develop a tough skin to put yourself out there as I've been doing in trying to promote my book and CD. Everybody has their own opinion; that is just life!

No comments:

Post a Comment